Weekend Forecast: 'Get Hard' & 'Home'
Featured Stories - on March 25, 2015 by BoxOffice Staff
The final weekend of March brings two new wide releases.
- The powerhouse teaming of Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart should be very appealing to comedy fans.
- Marketing has hit most of the right notes ahead of release, which is good news for the first major comedy release in some time.
- Flixster and Twitter activity are outpacing that of The Campaign and The Wedding Ringer.
- Early reviews are in the cellar, which may turn off some crowds.
- Unfortunately, Facebook buzz is lacking with under 170,000 fans through Tuesday.
- Hart risks being overexposed at this stage in his career, and even Ferrell has had his fair share of box office duds.
- The lack of animated releases since Paddington and SpongeBob may have families wanting.
- The DreamWorks name is still worth something.
- Recognizable voice talent like Jim Parsons and Rihanna could further help draw in some parents and young viewers.
- Overall, DreamWorks' reputation has gone through a sharp decline in recent years. Home looks like another Turbo/Penguins of Madagascar than it does Mr. Peabody & Sherman or The Croods.
- Reviews aren't helping matters as critics pan DW's latest.
- Social media buzz is dead on arrival, particularly on Twitter and Facebook.
Check out our complete weekend forecast in the table below.
|Title||Release Date||Distributor||Weekend||Domestic Total through Sunday, March 29|
|Home (2015)||Mar 27, 2015||Fox / DreamWorks Animation
|Get Hard||Mar 27, 2015||Warner Bros.
|The Divergent Series: Insurgent||Mar 20, 2015||Lionsgate / Summit
|Cinderella (2015)||Mar 13, 2015||Disney
|It Follows||Mar 13, 2015||RADiUS-TWC
|Kingsman: The Secret Service||Feb 13, 2015||Fox
|Run All Night||Mar 13, 2015||Warner Bros.
|The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel||Mar 6, 2015||Fox Searchlight
|The Gunman||Mar 20, 2015||Open Road
|Do You Believe?||Mar 20, 2015||Pure Flix
Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.